2005-2010: PhD in Zoology, Beijing Normal University, China
2009.10-2010.2: Visiting PhD Student, University of Bern, Switzerland
2001-2005. Bachelor in Biological Sciences, Beijing Normal University, China
2018-2019: CSC Visiting Scholar Fellowship at Harvard University
2015-2018: Young Elite Scientists Sponsorship Program by CAST, China
2014-Present: Associate Professor, College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, China
2012-2014: Assistant Professor, College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, China
2010-2012: Postdoc in Physical Geography, Beijing Normal University, China
I am broadly interested in the evolutionary genomics and speciation of birds, mainly on the role of sexual selection and natural selection in the scenario of divergence with gene flow between sibling species. I am also interested in the evolution of host specificity of avian haemosporidian parasites, and the parasite-mediated selection on the diversity of MHC genes in the bird hosts.
For full list of publications from my group please visit here :
1. Wei CT, Dong L#, Li SH, Alström P, Liu Y, Xia CW, Yao CT, Zhang YY#. 2019. From the Himalayas to a continental Island: Integrative species delimitation in the Brownish-flanked Bush Warbler Horornis fortipes complex. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 131: 219~227.
2. Liu BY, Deng ZQ, Huang W, Dong L#, Zhang YY. 2019. High prevalence and narrow host range of haemosporidian parasites in Godlewski's bunting (Emberiza godlewskii) in northern China. Parasitology international, 69: 121-125.
3. Liu Y, Liu SM, Yeh CF, Zhang N, Chen GL, Que PJ, Dong L#, Li SH#. 2018. The first set of universal nuclear protein-coding loci markers for avian phylogenetic and population genetic studies. Scientific Reports, 8: 15723.
4. Dong L, Wei M, Alström P, Huang X, Olsson U, Shigeta Y, Zhang YY, Zheng GM. 2015. Taxonomy of the Narcissus Flycatcher Ficedula narcissina complex: an integrative approach using morphological bioacoustic and multilocus DNA data. Ibis, 157: 312~325.
5. Huang X, Dong L#, Zhang CL, Zhang YY. 2015. Genetic diversity, temporal dynamics, and host specificity in blood parasites of passerines in north China. Parasitology Research, 114: 4513~4520.
6. Dong L, Heckel G, Liang W, Zhang YY. 2013. Phylogeography of Silver Pheasant (Lophura nycthemera L.) across China: aggregate effects of refugia, introgression and riverine barriers. Molecular Ecology 22: 3376~3390.
7. Dong L, Zhang J, Sun Y, Liu Y, Zhang YY, Zheng GM. 2010. Phylogeographic patterns and conservation units of a vulnerable species Cabot's tragopan (Tragopan caboti) endemic to southeast China. Conservation Genetics, 11: 2231~2242.